Sleaze Rocking Hair-Metal Stars from Pretoria - L.A. COBRA fly the flag of the 80's Glam Rock scene from the handlebars of their Harleys.
Welcome to L.A. COBRA's world!
The Band everybody’s talking about…
Formed in November 2005, L.A. COBRA is South Africa’s answer to 80’s Hair Metal – Pretoria Style! The only Glam Rock/Metal Sleaze , Rock ‘n Roll band on the African Continent.
Yes, they are the Hottest Band in Town, breaking away from current ‘modern’ rock and ‘nu metal’ trends, L.A. COBRA combine elements of hard hitting 80’s Rock with just enough sleaze and humour to rock the party!!!!!!!
With their over-the-top stage antics, outfits and attitude, L.A. COBRA is set to change the face of modern music as we know it!!!! True Rock Stars in deed, professionalism the answer to their success. The perfect band to party with, and guaranteed the most memorable time of your life.
Largely influenced by 80’s rock bands like Mötley Crüe, Guns & Roses, Bon Jovi, White Snake, Poison, Kiss, WASP and Skid Row etc. L.A. COBRA is all about girls, Harleys, big hair and a good time. The band is: Don Cobra on vocals and guitar, John Strong on lead guitar, Jamie Gunz on bass guitar and Animal on drums, bringing back those memorable guitar solo’s and “balls to the wall” hard rock shows we’re all starved for with a modern twist from their songwriting as we know them, these guys are the real deal, and live Rock and Roll!
L.A. Cobra is the Glam band of the future, while their music and image portray the 80’s its still modern rock, which can be played over any radio station and drive ladies insane with pants tighter than skin.
L.A. COBRA’s debut release “Cherry Hill” (mixed and produced by Ashton Nyte and L.A. COBRA) was released through Intervention Arts on 27 January 2007 at a Sleaze-Rocking Party at Zeplins in Pretoria with more than a 1400 people in attendance! In association with MK89’s Mullets, Zeplins, Red Tape Clothing and Jack Daniels.
L.A. Cobra 2011 – L.A. Cobra Second album “How much snake can you take?? will be available in August 2011.
It’s time to spit again!!
• Live To Ride and Hot Rocks feature on MK89’s show, The Mullets (2006/2007)
• Live to Ride Music video nominated for a MK Award (2007/2008)
• TV Commercial for UK based company Pollycell, commercial is being broadcast for 2 years.(2008/2010)
• L.A. Cobra feature on KaDa (SABC 2) (2007)
• Hot Rocks top the Tuks FM Demofilter charts after only 2 weeks on the show (2006/2007)
• Performs at Major festivals including: (2006 – 2010)
o Oppikoppi, Splashy Fen, Aardklop, Sun To Moon(07/08), Uprisings, Oppikoppi Easter, Nightfall Festival(with Blind Guardian), Tuks Rag, Tuks Springday, Motherfudd Metal Festival, Rock and Roll Forever Festival I,II, III, Barefoot Festival, Tempo’s Rock Fest, Punk Fests (Thrashers Skate Park), Sound Hole Fest(Polokwane), Head Bangers Bash, Sun to Moon (2009), Rock out Radio Launch (09), Thornfest (10/11) and many more……
• October 2007, Opening act for International Band: Blind Guardian at the Nightfall Festival (PTA)
• Feature in Beeld after the Oppikoppi show
• Featured on Italian Glam Site, Slam Rocks
• Favourite new band on UK based magazine, Sleaze Valley
• Band of the month on UK based magazine, Sleaze Valley
• Live appearance on MK89’s Mullets
• Interviewed by Beeld Newspaper
• Interviewed by Barney Simon on Radio 2000
• Interviewed by Kenzi on Tuks FM
• Interviewed by Die Perdeby (Campus Beeld)
• Interviewed by The Star Newspaper
• Interview and Unplugged Session on Barney Simon’s GOzone on DSTV
• Interviewed by Zazone
• Interviewed by Jo Day’s The Zine
• Interviewed by Underground Press
• Interviewed by UK Magazine, Sleaze Valley
• Completed the Guns & Roses Nationwide Tribute Tour
• Interview by UK Magazine, TNT
• Interview by the Tonight Guide, PTA
• Interview by the Tonight Section of nationwide newspapers
• Reviewed in the GQ magazine
• Interviewed by the Blunt Magazine and reviewed in a few editions of the magazine
• On a compilation disc of the Blunt Magazine, over 50 000 copies sold.
• Featuring on the cover of the official Burn Nightclub Magazine
• Featured in an article in the SL Magazine
• 2008 December – Stealing Love Jones featuring Don Cobra in opening act for The Parlotones, 1 Republic and Maroon 5
• 2008 December – Don Cobra special guest at Tings and Times with Shaun Morgan – Seether.
• 2009 January – Don Cobra(L.A. Cobra) and Shaun Morgan(Seether) special appearance at Firkin in Centurion.
• 2009 March - L.A. Cobra featured in Pretoria News and Tonight Section country wide
• 2009 April – Radio interview on Tuks fm and Midrand Fm
• 2009 April – Interview in Australia Hottest i Magazine Autobabes, read more… register free here http://www.autobabes.com.au/fp1.php and then down load the Rock Edition 25.
• 2009 May – L.A. Cobra Starring in the Plettenberg Bay Garden Festival TV Commercial
• 2009 May - L.A. Cobra’s Danger Danger got playlisted on Tuks Fm
• 2009 May – L.A. Cobra’s Back Roads, Danger Danger, Hot For love and Cry For love got playlisted on The Toronto Rock Radio Show in Canada: www.k94rocks.com and http://www.myspace.com/thetorontorockradioshow
• 2009 June – L.A Cobra Feature in SA Tunes Magazine and Danger Danger on the disk with the magazine
• 2010 January - L.A. Cobra played Thornfest and Die Mystic Boer(Bloemfontein)
• L.A. Cobra – Featured on Make some noise http://www.makesomenoise.co.za/index.php?c=l.a._cobra
• L.A. Cobra - 2010 – “Danger Danger” playlisted on Xradio.biz (Las Vegas, USA)
• 2010 – L.A.Cobra – Charity Event for Cancer (6 March 2010)
• 2010 – L.A.Cobra – Cape Town Tour – Mercury Live & Corner Bar (25-27 March 2010)
• 2010 – L.A.Cobra – Strab Festival (Mozambique)
• 2010 – L.A. Cobra – Performed at “Tanz Café”
• 2010 -
• 2010 – L.A. Cobra – Performance at “MyMuso.tv” @ Tings Times – Catherine Grenfell (5fm interview)
• 2010 – L.A.Cobra – “Hot For Love” music video in the making
• 2010 – L.A. Cobra – Tour with SubMission(Namibia) September 2010
• 2010 – L.A. Cobra – Performing in Limpopo Province with “Van Coke Cartel” (30 Oct)
• 2010 – L.A. Cobra – Will be perfoming at the S.A. Rock Fest in Dubai with Prime Circle (19 Nov)
• L.A. Cobra – Facebook group: www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2371276123
• L.A. Cobra – Fan Page: www.facebook.com/pages/LA-COBRA/219871245042
• 2010 – New L.A. Cobra Album “How much snake can you take” release Oct/Nov 2010
• 2010 – Oct - L.A. Cobra – Album Launch with Van Coke Cartel – Barnyard Polokwane
• 2010 – Nov - L.A. Cobra – Album Launch @ Captain Morgan Party – Cool runnings Fourways with Martin Rocka and the Sick Shop, and Hog Hoggidy Hog.
• 2010 – Dec – L.A. Cobra – Album Launch – Namibia (Windhoek) – Playhouse Theatre
• 2011 - February – OFFICIAL L.A. COBRA “How much snake can you take??” Album launch – Country Wide
• 2011 – Feature in One Small Seed Magazine.
• 2011 – May – Feature in FHM magazine and the new album “How much snake can you take??”
• 2011 – May/June 3 Music videos in the making………for the new album “How much snake can you take??”.
• Lots of new news and upcoming shows coming soon……
L.A. COBRA is proudly sponsored by:
Basil Koufos Photography
Famous Designs Studio
www.lacobra.co.za and www.myspace.com/sincobra
Download our new track “Back Roads” from our website http://www.lacobra.co.za
FANS OF L.A. COBRA on Facebook. – Watch our music video and TV Commercial on facebook.
www.ratemyband.co.za to download our song Danger Danger
Contact: Don Cobra +2773 1945 871 or
We are here for a good time, not a long time!!!!!!
- CrankRank Peak: 139
- Song: What the angels see...